Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome Saint Mary families!  My name is Kathy Giangiulio and I am so pleased to be able to bring art classes to the students of Saint Mary's School.  We have a new art room this year, with lots of space to spread out & get creative.  If you didn't have a chance to stop by the Art Room this year, I included some pictures.  Please feel free to drop by, view student work or volunteer during Art Classes.  I will be posting updates bi-monthly of what the students are doing in their art classes, as well as their artwork.  I do tend to hold on to artwork until after the Art Show in the Spring.  This way you can see what your child has been creating in school.  I am also going to try to upload all student art to Artsonia, an online Art Gallery for schools, but I will need to get parental permission slips out and signed before I can do that.



One of the many origami art hanging in our classroom, created by a St. Mary Alumi




I want to thank the Saint Mary's community for supporting Art Education.  Art classes provide our students a chance to develop cognitive, creative and imaginative skills.  It strengthens their  problem solving, critical thinking, and self-discipline. We want our children to become thinkers, to not be afraid to make mistakes, that is how we learn and grow.

This year we will provide the students with lessons rich in art elements, painting & drawing techniques, while engaging their imaginations with cultural, literature & historical connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment